On some Wii’s you may get a “Cant find USB8” error when trying to add images to the USB loader, this is because your Wii has the wrong cIOS installed in slots 249 and 250.
Luckily its an easy fix (don’t press A unless told!)
You should have the program d2x cIOS installer as part of your bundle, if not then you need to get it and add it to the apps folder on an SD card.
Open the d2x cIOS installer then press A once
- Your cursor ( > ) will be on the cIOS d2x version. Change the version to v10 beta52 using the D-PAD (left/right).
- Move down, and change the IOS Base to 57.
- Move down again, and change the IOS slot to 249.
- In some cases it may warn you that the current (c)IOS or IOS STUB will be overwritten. You can ignore this warning.
- Move down, and change the cIOS revision to 65535.
- This revision is only used by the Wii when checking updates. It is set to the highest version to prevent a system update from overriding it with a non-functional official IOS.
You are now ready to install, so press A to continue. On the Wii version of the installer, you will land on an overview with the available cIOS slots (for Wii U, continue below the next screenshot)
The slot you just selected should be blinking. Several other slots may be highlighted in red or purple, depending on your console and possible previous softmods.
Wait for the progress to complete. It may take a while, especially for the online installation.
Press A to start the installation.
Once it finishes, you will land on another IOS overview screen. Your freshly installed cIOS should be highlighted in a green colour.
Press the A button to go back to the configuration screen.
Now Slot 250
Next, you want to configure the second cIOS. This time, use the following settings:
- d2x version: v10 beta52
- cIOS base: 56
- cIOS slot: 250.
- cIOS revision: 65535
Again, press A to install it and wait for the process to finish.
Once everything is installed, press B to exit the application.